I know they’re really ten-a-penny, but I’m still over the moon that Jennifer Maude at Jam Made has so kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award. It ‘s soo cool to know that there are actually people on the other side of the globe who are interested in reading about my weird bits and bobs, thank you! I really enjoyed answering the questions she sent me (the idea is that you answer your questions, nominate your favourite small blogs and pose them some questions of your own). It’s kind of interesting to be the askee instead of the asker for once. OK, here goes nothing:
1. Name a place you have visited or would love to visit that is a great inspiration to you.
Marrakech, I’ve never been ( I hate flying), but I’m really inspired by Moroccan architecture. I have promised myself a trip.
2. Finish this sentence: I create because ……….
I can’t help it.
3. Tell us something interesting about where you live.
It’s underrated. Also, Lewis Carroll used to holiday here.
4. What are you reading right now?
All Passion Spent by Vita Sackville West, it’s sedate but lovely. I have just finished Gillespie and I by Jane Harris. A small portion of my brain is still wrangling with that one.
5. Finish this sentence: I couldn’t live without………..
6. What do you like to do for laughs?
Go out to dinner with my friends, drink too much wine and end up night-swimming, or doing a (bad) handstand in a park.
7. Finish this sentence: I can’t wait until someone invents a ……………
Another me, who can do all the things I should be doing, but better and with a bit less attitude.
8. What do you love to cook?
9. Most fun you’ve ever had?
Ooof good question. I’d have to say Dj-ing and mud-wrestling (clothed) at a disco-bloodbath themed party in 2003. ‘was exactly as awesome as it sounds.
10. What do you look for in a friend?
Loyalty and LOLZ… and also punctuality and a love of The Bangles ‘Walk like an Egyptian’ and someone with the same foot size as me who will let me borrow their shoes if I accidentally lose mine.
11. Do you ever hand write letters and send them off in the ……..wait for it……..actual post?
Occasionally. I think people really appreciate getting hand written post, I know I do. One of my best friends sends me lovely letters and postcards on a fairly regular basis and it always, ALWAYS brightens my day. Recently I’ve been trying to up my game a bit. Why is it so hard to find the time for these things?
My Nominees: I think I was supposed to name eleven, but actually I don’t read that many blogs on a regular basis so I’ll just do my favourites. I’m not even completely sure whether or not these blogs qualify as ‘small’, in fact they probably don’t even – they’re just my favourites. If you lot can recommend any proper small blogs you think I’d like, please go ahead and comment and I’ll check them out!